Red grapefruit is an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids). With the powerful nutrient combination of fibre, potassium, lycopene, vitamin C and choline in grapefruit, all help to maintain a healthy heart.
Granola has the benefits of dietary fibre, sodium, potassium and zinc, plus it can aid in weight loss, loaded with healthy protein, regulate digestion and increase energy.
Greek yogurt can have twice as much protein as regular yoghurt. The extra protein will help you feel full and leave you feeling satisfied.
The ingredients contain essential nutrients that can help with weight loss and it’s a perfect meal to kick start your day.
- 1 red grapefruit, cut in half.
- 1/2 cup of mixed nuts; brazil, hazel, walnuts, etc finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup organic porridge oats.
- 1 tbsp Manuka honey.
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- 1/8 tsp almond extract (2 drops).
- 2 tbsp organic Greek yoghurt.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Place grapefruit cut side up on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the nuts, porridge oats, honey, cinnamon and almond extract, to create the granola.
- Divide granola topping evenly between the two grapefruit halves, then bake for 20 minutes.
- To finish off, top with a tablespoon of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of granola.
- Serves 2 and enjoy!
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is a great low calorie and nutritious breakfast to help energise you and keep hunger at bay. Replacing unhealthy meals with food like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.