Gazpacho soup is very popular in many Mediterranean countries. It originated in Spain and is served cold.
Tomatoes are the primary ingredient in gazpacho, which have great health properties. They contain an antioxidant called lycopene which can help lower blood pressure and this helps to protect men from prostate cancer.
- 1 1/2 lbs organic tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 2 spring onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeded (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil or mint
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/4 tbsp rock salt
- 1 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (optional).
- Place the chopped tomatoes, along with the cucumber, onions, crushed garlic and chopped pepper into a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the blender and blitz until smooth and creamy. Note that adding the jalapeño pepper and orange juice are optional, taste and adjust to suite your palette.
- Pour into bowl and have straight away or place in the fridge and have later.
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is an easy to prepare healthy meal that can help protect against cancer and form part of a your weight loss routine. Great tasting, nutritious meals and snacks like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.