Try these delicious flapjack bars, just what you need to give you energy after a workout, or perhaps have one for a quick breakfast on the go.
Loaded with healthy protein, they can help regulate digestion and can aid in weight loss. Granola has the benefits of dietary fibre, sodium, potassium and zinc.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- 200g organic oats (gluten free).
- 85g pumpkin seeds.
- 85g sesame seeds.
- 85g walnuts, chopped.
- 85g almonds, chopped.
- 3-4 tbsp coconut honey.
- 100g grass fed butter.
- 2-3 tbsp coconut sugar.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- 1 tbsp cinnamon.
- 1 tbsp almond extract.
- 100g dried cranberries, cherries and raisins, or a mix of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 170 °C. Grease a baking tray with a little coconut oil.
- Next, place the oats, seeds and nuts on the baking tray, then put in the oven for 5-10 mins to toast.
- Melt the honey, butter, sugar, a pinch of salt and coconut oil together in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring constantly.
- Combine the roasted nuts and seeds, cinnamon, almond extract and dried fruit, with the mixture in the saucepan and mix until all the ingredients are well coated in warm syrup.
- Tip the mixture into the baking tray and firmly press down with the back of a spoon, filling all the gaps.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and while still hot, score into eight evenly sized bars.
- Leave in the tray to cool and allow the bars to become firm before removing.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutritional Value Per Bar:
- Calories: 245
- Protein: 6.4g
- Fat: 8.4g
- Carbs: 36
- Sugar: 17g
- Fibre: 3.3g
- Salt: 0.14mg
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is a great low calorie and nutritious snack to help keep hunger at bay. Replacing unhealthy snacks with food like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.