Broccoli is one of the highest-protein vegetables, combine with rocket or watercress for maximum protein power.
Protein helps to balance your blood sugar, which is the most important thing you can do to achieve personal weight balance.
This soup has high concentrations of vitamin C and contains powerful antioxidant nutrients that can boost immune systems, which keep us looking younger and feeling healthy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced.
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly diced.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets (about 300 g).
- 600 ml water.
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground.
- 20 g rocket (or watercress).
- 1/2 lemon.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and sauté for just a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 4 minutes or until bright green.
- Add the water, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender.
- Pour the soup into a blender and puree with the rocket until quite smooth.
Be very careful when blending hot liquids – start slowly and work in batches if necessary.
- Serve the soup with a bit of fresh lemon, enjoy the health benefits.
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is an easy to prepare healthy meal that can form part of a your weight loss routine. Great tasting, nutritious meals and snacks like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.