A vegan diet has a host of health benefits. Eating foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts and beans can help prevent many modern diseases.
Try this sweet treat for dessert or as a late lunch or afternoon snack.
- 675g mixed sultanas, currants & raisins.
- 450ml water.
- 150ml coconut oil.
- 350g 100% wholemeal self-raising flour.
- 50g blanched almonds – chopped.
- 1 tbsp coconut honey.
- 1 lemon – grated rind.
- 2 tsp ground mixed spice.
- 75g coconut sugar.
- 3 tbsp sherry or rum – optional.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Grease and line a round cake tin, size 7 ½” (20cm).
- In a medium size bowl, place all the ingredients, except the sherry/rum and beat well until evenly mixed.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven at 150°C for about 2 hours, until risen and firm to the touch.
- Set aside and allow to cool slightly in the tin, then spoon the sherry or rum (optional) over the cake and leave in the tin until completely cold.
- Have a slice with a cup of green tea and enjoy.
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious snacks and shakes
This is a delicious and nutritionally rich dessert or snack. Replacing unhealthy desserts and snacks with food like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.