Dark chocolate is very nutritious – it’s a powerful source of antioxidants and can lower blood pressure.
Beetroot is of exceptional nutritional value – rich in calcium, iron and vitamins A and C. Beetroot is an excellent source of folic acid and a very good source of fibre, manganese and potassium.
Put these ingredients together along with the avocado and you have a great tasting healthy cake – enjoy.
- 225g flour.
- 250g caster sugar.
- 85g cocoa powder.
- 2 tsp bicarbonate soda.
- 2 free range eggs.
- 2 medium cooked beetroot.
- 250ml milk.
- 125ml sunflower oil.
- 250ml boiling water.
- 2 ripe avocados.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup.
- 2 tbsp oil.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Pinch of salt.
- 2 tbsp of ground coffee.
- Small tub of thick natural Greek yoghurt.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, purée beetroot, put all ingredients in bowl except boiling water, and whisk.
- Stir on boiling water gradually until mixture is nice and smooth.
- Grease 2 sandwich tins and divide liquid between the two.
- Bake for 25-30mins until top is firm and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for a while on a rack.
- Purée avocados and whisk in other ingredients
- Put in the fridge while waiting for cake to cool.
- Spread over top of cake.
Eat and enjoy!
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious snacks and shakes
This is a delicious and nutritionally rich dessert. Replacing unhealthy desserts with food like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.