Fish is a nutritious protein source that is lower in saturated fat than many other protein foods, such as red meat.
A 3-ounce serving of tuna steak supplies between 24 and 26 grams of protein plus many health benefits such as reducing coronary heart disease. Tuna fish has very high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which help to reduce omega-6 fatty acids and cholesterol in the arteries and blood vessels.
Add stuffed peppers and vegetables to the mix and you increase your intake of vitamins and essential nutrients to aid weight loss.
- 2 red peppers, halved.
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- 110g (4oz) pack lemon and coriander couscous.
- 3tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves.
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt.
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper.
- Steamed vegetables or green salad.
- In a bowl marinate the tuna with garlic, 1/4 tbsp of coconut oil, a bit of basil and pepper and leave for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next, cut the peppers in half, brush with a little olive oil. Place the peppers on a baking tray cut side down and grill under a medium heat for 5 mins.
- At the same time place the marinated tuna steaks in the grill too, on a separate piece of kitchen foil – this will catch the juices from the tuna.
- Grill for a further 5 mins, making sure to turn both the peppers and tuna steaks, and grill until tender.
- When the peppers and tuna steaks are cooked, remove from the grill and set aside.
- Meanwhile cook the couscous as per packet instructions and leave to stand for 2 to 3 mins.
- Stir the basil into the couscous and use this mixture to fill the peppers.
- Place the stuffed peppers under the grill for 2-3 mins and grill until the couscous is golden brown.
- Serve your stuffed peppers and the tuna steaks with steamed vegetables or green salad, eat and enjoy.
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is an easy to prepare healthy meal that can help reduce cholesterol. Great tasting, nutritious dinners like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.