Eating fish as part of a healthy diet offers a number of benefits. Consuming 170g (6oz) of fish each week reduces your risk of fatal heart disease. Tuna has very high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which help to reduce omega-6 fatty acids and cholesterol in the arteries and blood vessels.
- 14 oz spaghetti or linguine.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts.
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped.
- 1 can (140g / 5 oz) tuna, drained and coarsely flaked.
- 2 sprigs dill, finely chopped.
- 1 lemon, juiced and one half zested.
- Parmesan, grated.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, toast the pine nuts in a dry pan and leave to cool.
- Drain spaghetti.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, sauté garlic for 2 mins.
- Add spaghetti, pine nuts and tuna to the pan.
- Gently stir and heat for 2 mins, then add dill and lemon zest.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Pile spaghetti onto a serving plate and drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Serves 2, eat and enjoy.
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is an easy to prepare healthy meal that can help reduce cholesterol. Great tasting, nutritious dinners like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.