Spiced cod with broccoli-quinoa pilaf is a fantastic dish packed with the nutritional benefit of fibre, protein and antioxidants, which can aid weight loss.
You can find out more about quinoa in this informative article over at Health & Fitness Shop.
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 spring onions
- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless cod or striped bass fillet
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a medium saucepan and heat at a medium-high setting.
- Add the onion and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir occasionally and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or unit starting to go brown.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water and quinoa to the saucepan, bring to a boil, cover and simmer until almost all of the water has cooked out, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and raisins into the quinoa, cover, and cook until the ingredients are tender, 8 to 10 minutes additional cooking time.
- Remove from heat and combine the almonds, spring onions, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Add 2 tsp of oil to a large non-stick pan and heat at a medium-high setting.
- Season the cod with the paprika, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook to your preference, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with the pilaf.
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is an easy to prepare healthy meal that can help reduce cholesterol. Great tasting, nutritious dinners like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.