Chinese takeaways have a bad reputation for being high in calories. But it’s really just the sauces that cause the problem. Stir-frying is actually one of the healthiest ways to cook.
This lovely homemade Chinese-style meal serves 4, so warm up some plates, tuck in and enjoy.
Make sure to add the chopped nuts and slash of lime juice to the dish for the benefit of fibre, protein and antioxidants, which can aid weight loss.
- 2 tsp coconut/rapeseed oil
- 1/4 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped thinly
- 1 bag of stir vegetables
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 200 g cooked prawns
- 1/2 tsp black grounded pepper
- 25 g roasted nuts, roughly chopped
- sprinkle of fresh lime juice.
- Into a wok or large frying pan, heat the oil.
- Add the chilli, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- At this point, add the stir fry vegetables plus the chopped red pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Then pour in the soy sauce and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until the vegetables are nearly cooked.
- Add in the prawns with the pepper and cook until the prawns have turned pink – about 3 to 5 minutes
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is a great sauce-free Chinese inspired meal. It is filling and will help aid weight loss and keep your body full of good nutrients.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet including green tea can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.