Steak is delicious but has a bad reputation when trying to eat healthily. But if you prepare it the right way, it can be an excellent part of your healthy lifestyle.
Packing 22g of protein per 100g, rump steak will keep you full until breakfast the next day.
- 2 thick-cut rump steaks, about 200g (8 oz) in total, fat trimmed.
- 60g (2 1/4 oz) natural yoghurt.
- 1/2 tsp horseradish sauce (to taste).
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed.
- 75g (3oz) mixed green salad leaves.
- 100g (3oz) cherry tomatoes, halved.
- 1 tsp olive oil.
- 1 tsp coconut oil.
- salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- handful fresh flat parsley, chopped.
- handful parmesan shavings.
- Rub the steaks with the olive oil and pepper on both sides.
- Mix the yoghurt, horseradish sauce, garlic and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the salad leaves, tomatoes and toss gently.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan, add the steaks and cook over a high heat for 2 minutes, or until browned.
- Turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes for medium rare, 3 to 4 minutes for medium or 5 minutes for well done.
- Allow the steak to rest for a few minutes on a warm plate.
- Spoon the salad leaves into the centre of 2 serving plates.
- Thinly slice the steaks and arrange the pieces on top.
- Garnish with salad dressing and top with parsley and parmesan.
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is a great healthy dinner. It is filling and will help with muscle development and keeping your body full of good nutrients.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet including green tea can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.