Cod promotes cardiovascular health. It’s a good source of blood-thinning omega-3 fatty acids as well as vitamins B12 and B6.
It provides a good source of lean protein; each 6-ounce serving offers a whopping 63g of protein, with only 0.7g of total fat.
- 2x 250g cod fillets.
- 2 tbsp lime juice.
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- 1 bunch lemon thyme.
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges.
- Marinate the cod fillets in a shallow dish, with a combination of lime juice, ginger, pepper and melted coconut oil. Leave for 4 to 6 minutes, this will create more flavour.
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a non-stick frying pan, over a medium-high heat.
- Cook the fish over medium heat until the flesh is cooked through and opaque – about 4 minutes per side, depending on the size of the fish.
- Get a serving plate ready. Top the cod fillets with spinach, cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of lemon dressing.
- Eat and enjoy!
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is an easy to prepare healthy meal that can help reduce cholesterol. Great tasting, nutritious dinners like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.