This exciting Mediterranean dish is not only packed with flavour, it contains fibre, protein, antioxidants and lots more nutrients, which aid good health. A great way to the feed the family and leaving everyone feeling satisfied.
- 3 tbsp cup coconut oil.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves.
- 1 red onion – sliced.
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt.
- 1/2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced.
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced.
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced.
- 100g or (3 1/2 oz) button mushrooms.
- 125g or (4 oz) pitted green olives.
- 400g or (13 oz) cherry tomatoes.
- 300ml or (1/2 pint) chicken stock.
- 2 sprigs oregano.
- 1 (425g / 15 oz) can diced tomatoes.
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme.
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped.
- 2 tbsp capers.
- brown rice, to serve (optional).
- Heat the coconut oil in a large, saucepan or wok over a medium to high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown all over, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the olives, cherry tomatoes, capers, chicken stock and oregano.
- Place the chicken back in the pan, cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Stir in the parsley, thyme, season with salt and pepper and server with a little brown rice (optional).
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is an easy to prepare healthy meal that can help reduce cholesterol. Great tasting, nutritious dinners like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.