This dish is a true superstar in one pot, containing the benefit of fibre, protein, antioxidants and lots more.
The fibre content helps to keep you feeling full so you eat less and help with weight loss. A fibre enriched eating plan, also supports heart and gastrointestinal health, so warm up some plates and enjoy.Serves 4.
- 4 free-range chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 peppers sliced
- 400g tin of plum tomatoes
- 2 celery stems chopped
- 400g organic carrots
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or butternut squash chopped into cubes
- 1 cup spinach
- In an electric crock-pot, lightly fry the chicken in olive oil to seal it, cooking time 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add to the pot the onion, paprika, black pepper, garlic and peppers, this will add rich flavours to the chicken, cooking time 7 to 8 minutes.
- At this point pour in the tinned tomatoes and add celery, carrots and sweet potatoes or butternut squash.
- With all of the ingredients added together set the electric cot pot to a low to medium heat setting and simmer for a further 40 minutes.
- With 3 minutes of cooking time left, add the spinach to the mixture and heat until wilted.
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is an easy to prepare healthy meal that can help reduce cholesterol. Great tasting, nutritious dinners like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.