Chicken kebabs marinated yoghurt can be cooked on a grill as well as in the oven, which makes them perfect for the BBQ season as well as other occasions.
The health benefits of chicken include its good supply of protein content, the supply of essential vitamins and minerals, benefits in losing weight, cholesterol control, blood pressure control, and a reduced risk of cancer.
- 3 lbs skinless boneless chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper
For the marinade:
- 1 cup organic greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
You will also need metal or wooden skewers.
- In a large bowl, mix all marinade ingredients.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces to the marinade making sure that the chicken is all covered in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge. Let the chicken marinate for 3 to 6 hours.
- Once ready to cook, thread chicken onto skewers and cook on the grill or in the oven until cooked through. (If you cook it in the oven, preheat the oven to 400C / Gas Mark 6 and cook for about 25 minutes until no longer pink inside.)
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is an easy to prepare healthy meal that can help reduce cholesterol. Great tasting, nutritious dinners like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.