This quinoa nut porridge with sliced pears is the perfect way to start your day. The quinoa, milk and almonds load you up on protein, fibre and the amino acids your body needs.
Pears are loaded with B-vitamins and are a great source of minerals such as iron, potassium and magnesium. The pomegranate seeds will also add that extra hit of vitamin C to boost your immune system.
The proteins and fibre will keep you full through to lunch time and the fruit will give you the energy to power through your mornings. So try it out!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, well rinsed.
- 1/2 cup water.
- 1 cup milk (or soy or almond milk).
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1 heaping tablespoon almonds, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped.
- 2 heaping tablespoon dried fruit – pomegranate.
- 1 large pear, peeled, cored and cut into 8 equal pieces.
- 1 teaspoon Manuka honey or agave nectar (optional).
- Be sure to rinse the quinoa very well.
- Place the quinoa, water, 1/2 cup almond milk, and cinnamon in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid as been absorbed.
- Add the rest of the milk, the nuts and the dried fruits and let the porridge thicken until your desired thickness.
- Divide the porridge into two bowls, and top each bowl with 4 slices of the pears.
- Garnish with nuts and pomegranate to finish along with optional honey or agave to sweeten.
- Serves 2 – enjoy!
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is a great low calorie and nutritious breakfast to help energise you and keep hunger at bay. Replacing unhealthy meals with food like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.