Eating breakfast aids in weight control, improves overall nutritional status, and improves concentration, alertness, and creativity.
With the combination of, banana, carrots, apricot, yoghurt and apples, these muffins are packed with an antioxidant, superfood kick.
The ingredients contain essential nutrients that can help with weight loss and it’s a perfect meal to kick your day.
- 300g plain wholemeal flour.
- 50g rolled porridge oats, plus extra for decoration.
- 3 heaped tsp baking powder.
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice.
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon.
- 100g raisins.
- 100g dried apricots, chopped.
- 50g pecans, chopped.
- 50g caster sugar.
- 100ml sunflower oil.
- 150ml natural yoghurt.
- 150ml milk.
- 1 medium egg, beaten.
- 2 medium bananas, mashed.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 2 small apples, grated.
- 1 medium carrot (100g peeled weight), coarsely grated.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5.
- Lightly oil a non-stick muffin pan with 12 large cups (or divide between 2 pans).
- Combine the first nine ingredients (the dry ingredients) in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining (wet) ingredients well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into the muffin cups, sprinkle with oats, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, to decorate.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or till a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes, then cool on a rack.
- Eat when still warm and enjoy!
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is an easy to prepare healthy breakfast or snack that can help reduce cholesterol and form part of a your weight loss routine. Great tasting, nutritious meals and snacks like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.