Charge your batteries this vegetarian and gluten free recipe that combines quinoa cooked in milk with vegetables and an egg.
Eggs are a rich source of proteins, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper.
Add quinoa and vegetables to the mix and you increase your intake of vitamins and essential nutrients to aid weight loss.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets.
- 1/2 cup of milk.
- 1/2 cup of water.
- 1/2 cup of quinoa, rinsed.
- Mushrooms, sliced.
- Cheddar cheese, grated.
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt.
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper.
- 1 organic egg.
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice.
- Combine milk, water, and quinoa in a large saucepan and cook according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms, and stir-fry until cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Next, combine the stir-fry vegetables with the quinoa and season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Fry the egg in coconut oil to your own taste.
- Serve the quinoa topped with the fried eggs, grated cheese and drizzle with the lemon juice, eat and enjoy.
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is a great low calorie and nutritious breakfast to help energise you and keep hunger at bay. Replacing unhealthy meals with food like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.