Apart from providing us with energy, breakfast foods are good sources of important nutrients such as calcium, iron and B vitamins as well as protein and fibre.
The body needs these essential nutrients and research shows that if these are missed at breakfast, they are less likely to be compensated for later in the day, which can lead to cravings and snacking.
- 1 beefsteak tomato.
- 2 tsps pesto
- 4 mushrooms
- 1/2 onion.
- 4 eggs.
- 1/2 cup spinach.
- 2 slices of avocado.
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce.
- Roasted red bell pepper (optional).
- Freshly ground sea salt
- Black pepper.
- Boil filtered water in a pan, enough to cover 4 eggs, and take off heat.
Immediately crack eggs into water and cover with a lid.
- Leave eggs to slowly cook in the boiling water, but keep off heat, for 5 minutes or so.
- While eggs cook, slice onion and tomato into rings and cook on a medium/low heat in a skillet in a little oil. Put pesto onto tomato. Turn when brown.
- Slice mushrooms into rounds, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
Sauté Spinach until wilted. You can use the same pan as the mushrooms.
- Place onion ring on plate. Add tomato ring. Pile a little spinach onto tomato. Place poached egg on top. Decorate with warmed marinara sauce and slices of avocado.
- Serves 2, so get some plates really and enjoy!
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is an easy to prepare healthy breakfast that can help reduce cravings, give you energy and form part of a your weight loss routine. Great tasting, nutritious meals and snacks like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.