Eggs are a rich source of proteins and minerals plus they contain an amino acid called leucine, which helps to burning extra fats.
Add vegetables to the mix and you increase your intake of vitamins and minerals, essential nutrients to aid weight loss.
- 4 free range eggs, beaten.
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced.
- 1 onion, sliced in rings.
- 1/2 x 200g Danish lardons.
- 200g new potatoes, cooked and thickly sliced.
- 6 black olives, pitted and chopped.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- Salt and pepper.
- Snipped fresh chives, to garnish.
- Heat a medium-sized non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the lardons and dry fry for 1 minute, or until just starting to turn golden.
- Add the potatoes and fry for 4-5 minutes until golden, then add the bell pepper, black olives, onion rings and fry for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and pour in the eggs. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the omelette is firm around the edges.
- Increase the heat to its highest setting and cook for a further minute to brown the underside.
- Serves 2, garnish with fresh chives on a bed of salad leaves, eat and enjoy.
Slimming down with tasty and nutritious meals
This is an easy to prepare healthy meal that can help reduce cholesterol and form part of a your weight loss routine. Great tasting, nutritious meals and snacks like this along with treatments from The Slimming Rooms can be a great way to get the healthy body you deserve.
Our fat loss treatments provide a quick and easy way to get rid of stubborn fat from your body and a healthy diet can help you get quicker, long-lasting results.